The School Leadership Team (SLT) is charged with providing leadership and direction for the school ministry of Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran School. It shall be the duty of the SLT to establish school policy and to monitor compliance to SLT and board policies for itself and the Principal.
- Set general school policy.
- Monitor and evaluate the principal’s performance and adherence to board policies.
- Develop a strategic plan establishing short and long term goals.
- Serve as the call committee for the hiring of teachers and the principal.
- Ensure that full accreditation as an LCMS school is maintained.
- Provide the Board of Directors meeting minutes, enrollment reports, strategic plan objectives, and a summary of significant events.
- Work on behalf of the school in any and all ways necessary to fulfill its mission and ministry within the scope and limitations of the bylaws.
What the SLT does not do:
- Get involved in day-to-day operational aspects of the school, including, but not limited to disciplining students.
- Hire non-called staff or fire staff.
Membership shall consist of nine members of Shepherd of the Lakes Church and School which includes a pastor and the school principal together with seven other members which will be elected by the congregation. The elected members shall be voting members. The pastor and principal are to be non-voting members. The members elected by the congregation will serve two year terms and shall not serve more than three consecutive two year terms. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment by the School Leadership Team and serve the remainder of the vacated term.
Nathan Lee, chair
Reverend Mark Milatz
Please contact the SLT at email@example.com if you plan to attend a meeting so that appropriate meeting space can be arranged. If you would like to address the SLT about any issue please include your concern in advance so that it can be determined if it is in the authority of the SLT or should be directed to the appropriate party.